Why did it take me this long to make homemade maple almond butter?! It’s so much better than store bought for so many reasons:
Easy. Healthy. Customisable. Fast.
- It’s easy. This is SO easy and perfect for those people, who like me, are feeling lazy, but want something homemade.
- It’s healthier. Do you really know what’s in our favorite store bought peanut butter? Making homemade almond butter allows you do know exactly what you’re putting in your body!
- You can customise it to be whatever flavour you little ♡ desires. Not feeling my maple almond butter? Try using a different kind of nut, like peanuts or try playing around with different flavours and spices like honey or nutmeg! The possibilities truly are endless.
- It’s fast. After you roast your almonds, which takes 0 energy, it literally takes 5 minutes to come together.
MAPLE ALMOND BUTTER RECIPE
- 2 cups almonds
- ¼ cup real maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil + 1 teaspoon after blending
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Place almonds on a baking sheet and toss with maple syrup and two teaspoons of coconut oil
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes, stirring half way through
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Place roasted almonds into food processor and process until smooth. You’ll need to stop and scrape down the sides. This should take about 5 minutes
- Once creamy, add in vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and another 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and process until well combined
This should be stored in the fridge.
DOG NOTE: It’s best for your furry friend (if that’s who you’re making this for) to cut the oil, vanilla, and salt in half and to eliminate the maple syrup.
Author: Show Me the Yummy