Homemade Dog Pill Pockets
Homemade Dog Pill Pockets – save money and time running to the store by making your pup his own pill pockets. Three simple ingredients you already have in your home!
Dog needs a pill, hide it in the pocket, smush the thing shut and voila, dog eats pill, but thinks he’s getting a treat! Score!
Now we have discovered that we can make these wonderful things at home and the great thing is that they work just as well. You won’t believe how easy it is either!
Homemade Pill Pockets
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, peanut butter and flour.
- Mix until completely combined.
- After it comes together well, I found it best to knead it with my hands to complete the process.
- Divide the dough into 12 small balls.
- I found it easiest to use the tip of a meat thermometer to make the hole and wriggle that around to enlarge the opening.
- Store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.
- They will keep until the expiration date of your milk.
If your pup is taking capsules then one will be large enough to hold it.
Also, if your pet has allergies you can substitute a different flour, use pumpkin or banana puree for the peanut butter, and almond or coconut milk for the whole milk.
If you like these Homemade Pill Pockets for your Dogs, then you’ll love their… Carrot & Banana Natural Dog Treats